Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rhino Bucket Live

I just got to see Rhino Bucket live for the first time last night (Saturday 7/31), and I can honestly say I hope it's not my last. We got to the show a little lat and got to see the end of local guitar wiz Blaze play, awesome for a 16-year old, check out his Myspace page. I didn't see him on the bill or I might of gone a little earlier, hopefully I'll be able to catch his complete show next time.

The second band playing was The Backstabbers, a band fronted by Jes Reckless who also plays bass in Jetboy and Kevin Empty. They play a punk infused fast paced rock similar in style to The Ramones. Not my style but they weren't bad. Check out their Myspace page.

Rhino Bucket came on next, and they started off with their title track from their latest CD "Hardest Town" and didn't let up for the whole show. The only disappointing part for me is they only played two tracks off their latest CD. They played a little bit from all their CDs but their selection from "And Then It Got Ugly" far out weighed everything else, totaling seven tracks if you consider "I Was Told" which is on the "Pain" CD as well. All the selections were fine I just wish they would of played a couple more tracks from "The Hardest Town", including "Know My Name". I do realize most of the tracks on "Hardest Town" are a little more bluesy and maybe that's why they chose the more straight ahead rock songs, but I would of still liked to hear a little more from their latest offering. The band sounded great, with Anthony Biuso on drums and Reeve Downes laying down a solid rhythm and Brian Forsythe a smooth if not fancy lead guitar. I was kind of worried about how Georg Dolivo's vocals would be considering his singing style doesn't bode well for a long smooth career, but he sound great and I was more than happy I made the show. If you haven't checked them out lately you can go to their homepage or Myspace page, check out their latest album "The Hardest Town", and if you get a chance to see them live do it, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment